ROAD SURFACE DRAINAGE - A REVIEW
This report deals with the problems associated with the diversion of storm water from the road surface into the underground drainage system. The report has been divided into five separate parts, each of which has been treated separately: General, flow in street channels, capacity of simple side - entry inlets, inlets with gratings and inlets with deflectors. The major volume of the work was concentrated on the design and capacity of side entry inlets (or kerb inlets) in the street channel, because this presents the greatest problem to the engineer.
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- Hughes, H
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 123 p.
- TRT Terms: Culvert inlets; Deflectors; Drainage; Grates
- Uncontrolled Terms: Conversion; Inlets
- Subject Areas: Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology;
- Accession Number: 00099003
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: ARR #33
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM