A QUIET, EFFICIENT CONTROLLER FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLES
This paper presents an alternative to conventional resistive to conventional resistive, SCR or battery switching controllers for wound-field D.C. motors. A system has been built and tested which keeps battery current (as selected by the driver) constant throughout any maneuver without the problems associated with switching controllers. A system description is included along with test results. comparisons are made with battery scanning, SCR, and other control types which show this system of combined field control, voltage switching and armature current control to be more efficient.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Armstrong, D
- Pocobello, M
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Direct current motors; Electric batteries; Electric current; Electric vehicles; Energy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Controllers
- Old TRIS Terms: Field control
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00098954
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #750470
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1975 12:00AM