EMISSIONS AND ECONOMY OF FOUR DIESEL CARS
Four diesel-powered passenger cars were subjected to a wide variety of emission and economy evaluations, and the results are presented in this paper. Tailpipe emissions were measured for gaseous emissions, fuel economy (carbon balance and gravimetric) and smoke. Smoke and gaseous emissions were also measured by chassis dynamometer. Odor and related instrumental-chemical measurements were made. Noise measurements were taken during SAE driveby and a variety of interior-exterior conditions. The results are compared by category to each other, Federal limits, and to test results obtained by EPA laboratories.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- SPRINGER, K J
- Stohman, R C
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Diesel engines; Dynamometers; Energy; Exhaust gases; Exhaust pipes; Fuel consumption; Pollutants; Smoke; Sound level meters
- Old TRIS Terms: Emission rates
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00098948
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #750332
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1975 12:00AM