POLITICAL DECISION PROCESSES, TRANSPORTATION INVESTMENT AND CHANGES IN URBAN LAND USE: A SELECTIVE BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO AIRPORTS AND HIGHWAYS
This bibliography which has been compiled in an effort to assist with the revision and extension of intra-urban location theory (in order to explain and predict how decision making by different persons and groups affects change in intra-urban land use), focuses on the generation and resolution of conflicts over urban land in the vicinity of new transportation facilities. Attention is concentrated on new airports on rural-urban fringes, and the conflicts generated between politicians, citizens and business groups, and land planners. The bibliography is primarily concerned with small scale studies of how political decision processes might result in transformation of land from one use to another. The section on urban political decision processes identifies three specific kinds of processes: those involving voters and politicians, citizens, and civil servants. Most of the pertinent literature in the section on the influence of transportation investment on decisionmaking and urban growth, is concerned with highways.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0036558
University of Texas, AustinCouncil for Advanced Transportation Studies
Austin, TX United States 78712
- Chipman, W D
- Wolfe, H P
- Burnett, P
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Bibliographies; Businesses; Decision making; Economics; Forecasting; Highways; Industries; Investments; Land use; Land use planning; Location; Organizations; Politics; Public participation; Rural areas; Trade; Transportation; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00098926
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 00 3655 8
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-75-28 Res. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30093
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1975 12:00AM