TOWARDS ESTIMATING THE IMPACT OF THE DALLAS-FORT WORTH REGIONAL AIRPORT ON GROUND TRANSPORTATION PATTERNS
This study of the impact of the Dallas-Forth Worth Regional Airport on ground transportation of this region, focusses on the isolation of changes in ground transportation pattern that can be attributed to the new regional airport. The research is directed toward producing results and developing methodology that can be applied to evaluating the impact of other major new regional airports. The research explores the possibility of relating ground traffic volumes with routinely-kept data on airport activity. Details are given of the procedure in which models will be developed for estimating changes in ground transportation patterns and a flow chart diagramming the logical procedure of this task is presented. The different concepts represented here include traffic reassignment, trip generation, trip distribution, modal split, and revised traffic assignment. Disaggregate behavioral models will be developed of both intercity and regional modal split. Airport characteristics related to ground transportation patterns will be identified, defined and measured.
- Prepared for Department of Transportation.
University of Texas, AustinCouncil for Advanced Transportation Studies
Austin, TX United States 78712
- Dunlay Jr, W J
- Henry, L
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Comminution; Disaggregate analysis; Flow charts; Ground transportation; Impact studies; Intercity transportation; Landside capacity; Mathematical models; Methodology; Modal split; Regional transportation; Traffic assignment; Traffic volume; Trip distribution; Trip generation
- Identifier Terms: Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Disaggregate model; Flow diagrams; Granulators
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00098920
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT OS 30093 RM 17
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM