EFFECTIVE HIGHWAY SAFETY TRAFFIC OFFENSE ADJUDICATION
This Final Report, contained in three volumes, summarizes the results of a study designed to identify the more significant developments in traffic offense adjudication, providing States and local jurisdictions with the information necessary to assist them in the evaluation and improvement of their traffic offense adjudication systems. The study involved a comprehensive survey and analysis of the traffic offense adjudication systems currently being employed in 12 major metropolitan areas. The study culminated in the development of a model traffic offense adjudication process which offers the maximum in highway safety potential and case processing efficiency, while satisfying all essential legal requirements. This volume provides a comprehensive description of the study. Contained within is a discussion of the role traffic offense adjudication plays in our society; a comprehensive evaluation of the current status of traffic offense adjudication; and a detailed description of the adjudication Process Model developed. /Author/
Young (Arthur) and CompanyBethesda, MD United States
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 321 p.
- TRT Terms: Adjudication; Evaluation; Improvements; Laws; Traffic law enforcement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law;
- Accession Number: 00098837
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-123-2-442
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM