POWERING PREDICTIONS FOR THE UNITED STATES COAST GUARD 140-FOOT WYTM REPRESENTED BY MODEL 5336
This report presents powering predictions for a WYTM with stock propellers. This hull can attain a speed of 14.6 knots in smooth deep, fresh water. A slight increase should be attained with design propellers.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD USA 20034
- West, E E
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy consumption; Fluid resistance; Hulls; Icebreakers; Icebreaking; Tugboats
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Power prediction
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00098792
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-223-16 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM