APPLICABILITY OF AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SIMULATION MODELS TO VESSEL TRAFFIC SYSTEMS
The report summarizes an activity whose goal was to investigate existing Air Traffic Control (ATC) models and simulation facilities to determine their adaptability to Coast Guard simulations related to Vessel Traffic Systems (VTSs). A literature search and the author's familiarity with known models were used to narrow down the field to three simulation vehicles which were then studied in more depth. The three capabilities investigated in depth were those of the Federal Aviation Administration Digital Simulation Facility. The Transportation Systems Center (TSC) Ross/Ross-M model and the Mitre ATC simulation vehicle.
Mitre CorporationP.O. Box 208
Bedford, MA United States 01730
- Telsch, R W
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Harbor traffic control; Inland waterways traffic; Simulation; Traffic control; Traffic simulation; Vessel traffic control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00098791
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTR-6777 Final Rpt., USCG-D-30A-75
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-40204-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM