KEEPING RAILROADS ON TRACK
This report represents a condensation of an earlier 329-page publication, Improving Railroad Productivity, by The Task Force on Railway Productivity, RRIS 054726. Described are actions that must be taken to rejuvenate the rail industry so that it may continue to serve the nation as an essential transporter of freight. Solutions discussed are containerization, abandonment of light-density lines, technological innovation, improved freight car utilization, changes in operating techniques, improved costing techniques, new marketing and planning methods, modernized regulation, and consolidations.
- This report presents a condensation of an earlier, 329-page Publication, "Improving Railroad Productivity", by the Task Force on Railroad Productivity. Copies of the complete report can be obtained by writing to the Publications Department of the National Commission on Producitivity and Work Quality.
National Commission on Productivity & Work Quality2000 M Street, NW, Suite 3002
Washington, DC United States 20508
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Analysis; Branch lines; Car utilization (Railroads); Costs; Marketing; Mergers; Productivity; Regulations; Technological forecasting; Work rules
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Law; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00098680
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM