1975 HIGHWAY LEGISLATIVE PROPOSALS
The proposals presented here emphasize the need to continue the federal-aid highway program, and recommend an inderfinite extension of the Highway Trust Fund beyond the current expiration date. The recommendation is made of the continuation of an adequately funded rural highway program. An end to the impoundment of Federal-aid highway funds, and future Interstate authorizations at the level of $5 billion per year are advocated. Support is indicated for the urban highway program as a separate category of funding. A substantial increase in the Federal-Aid funding for the special bridge replacement program is also recommended. Further recommendations presented herein include those relating to funding for Section 402 and 403, simplification of the administration of highway programs, the suspension of the Davis-Bacon Act, the definition of "construction." and the employment value of highway construction work.
- This report was presented to the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Public Works and Transportation Subcommittee on Surface Transportation.
American Road & Transportation Builders AssociationARTBA Building, 1219 28th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20007-3389
- Publication Date: 1975-7-10
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Bridges; Employment; Equipment replacement; Federal aid; Federal aid highways; Highway law; Highway operations; Road construction; Rural highways; Urban highways
- Candidate Terms: Highway administration
- Identifier Terms: Highway Trust Fund; Interstate Highway System
- Uncontrolled Terms: Replacement
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Highways; Law; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00098658
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM