OIL/WATER POLLUTION PROGRAM (PHASE II)
This research is on development and testing in areas related to oil/water pollution. These areas of interest include: developing a test method to automatically determine the surface tension of coalescer effluent water to indicate surfactant level; test and evaluation of different manufacturers' coalescer elements; evaluation of detergents as bilge cleaners and their effect on coalescer operating performance; development of nondestructive tests for filter elements; analysis of the Naval Ships Research and Development Center (NSRDC) test samples for interfacial tension and Water Separometer Index Modified (WSIM) characteristics; and advance research and development for the detection of oil in water.
Naval Air Propulsion Test CenterTrenton, NJ United States
- Pontello, A P
- Collick, C J
- Palmer, J J
- Rollo, A J
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 115 p.
- TRT Terms: Coalescers; Detectors; Oil spill cleanup; Pollution control; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil detection; Pollution abatement measures
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00098624
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NAPTC-PE-46 Phase Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM