DEVICES FOR ONBOARD TREATMENT OF WASTES FROM VESSELS
A program involving the demonstration of a pleasure craft zero discharge, physical/chemical waste treatment system employing a unique filter-incinerator device was conducted. Extensive test data from laboratory and shipboard demonstration tests of the system are presented. Data on manufacture and installation costs for the pleasure craft are also presented. The program demonstrated the ability to zero discharge waste and comply with the 23 June 1972 EPA no-discharge standard.
Thiokol Chemical CorporationThiokol/Wasatch Division, P.O. Box 524
Brigham City, UT USA 84302
- O'Grady, T J
- Lakomski, P E
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Incinerators; Sewage treatment; Ships; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Sewage treatment systems; Shipboard sewage treatment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00098623
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/670/2-74-091 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-01-0115
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM