ISSUES OF FINANCIAL PROTECTION IN NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP OPERATIONS
Adequate financial protection against liability for builders and operators of nuclear powered merchant ships is a significant element in establishment of a viable nuclear merchant ship program. This report examines questions of liability, insurance and indemnity as they might effect the construction and operation of nuclear ships and recommends requirements of a legislative package which would assure adequate protection of the public in the remote event of a nuclear ship accident.
Atomic Industrial Forum475 Park Avenue South
New York, NY United States 10016
- Murphy, A W
- Publication Date: 1975-3-27
- Pagination: 95 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile insurance; Liability; Nuclear powered ships; Ship operations
- Old TRIS Terms: P and i insurance
- Subject Areas: Law; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00098622
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-920-75048 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-4-37122
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM