FULL SCALE TESTING OF HIGH SEAS OIL CONTAINMENT BARRIER, IN ORDER TO FURNISH VERIFICATION OF THE PROTOTYPE DESIGN
Full scale testing is proposed for a high seas oil containment barrier in order to furnish verification of the prototype design. This test will determine the combined effects of waves and currents on barrier motions and oil retention efficiency in rough water in a sea area close to the states of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Florida. There are no known long term adverse effects as a result of this test program.
- Draft Environmental Impact Statement.
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20593
- Publication Date: 1971-12-3
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Containing equipment; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil barriers; Oil containment systems
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00032238
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ELR-1331
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 1974 12:00AM