EXPERIMENTAL ANALYSIS OF A TWO-DIMENSIONAL CAPTURED AIR BUBBLE
A prediction of the added mass and damping of a heaving, two-dimensional, captured air bubble, published by Ogilvie in 1969, is verified, within limits, by the experiment discussed in this paper. Only the depth of the lip, relative to the width of the bubble, appears to exert a strong influence on the results.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborDepartment of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
- Atkins, S O
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Coefficients; Damping (Physics); Mass; Surface effect ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Heaving
- Old TRIS Terms: Added mass; Captured air bubble ships; Heave damping
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00098615
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: #166 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67-A0181-0054
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM