FUEL CONSERVATION IN SHIP OPERATIONS
A study of ways to reduce fuel consumption by both short-term and long-term changes in operational practices has been made, using two typical North Atlantic container fleets as models. Fuel saving strategies are evaluated, all involving reductions in ship speed.
Webb Institute of Naval ArchitectureGlen Cove, NY USA
- Zubaly, R B
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Fuel consumption; Fuels; Measures of effectiveness; Operating costs; Regulation; Ships; Speed control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fuel costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Speed regulation effectiveness
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00098613
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-KP-133 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-2-4214
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM