A UNIQUE DEGREE PROGRAM FOR THE SHIPBUILDING INDUSTRY
The paper describes the development, implementation, review, evaluation, and results of a baccalaureate-degree curriculum in engineering developed especially to prepare graduates for careers in the shipbuilding and related industries. The Marine Engineering Technology curriculum offered at the junior-senior level emphasizes naval architecture, marine engineering, shipyard operations, shipbuilding technology, and necessary supporting courses. The acceptance of graduates is discussed as well as the role of the shipbuilding industry in the development, support, and review of the curriculum.
- Prepared for Offshore Technology Conference, 6-8 May 74, Dallas, Texas. Paper No. OTC-1993.
Mississippi State University, Mississippi StateInstitute of Engineering Technology
Mississippi State, MS United States 39762
- Thomas, J E
- Anderson, C F
- Boytlett, F G
- Bryant, G D
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Curricula; Marine engineering; Naval architecture; Shipbuilding
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00098612
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MASGP-74-046, NOAA-75032012
- Contract Numbers: NOAA-GH-25, NOAA-GH-110
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM