REFLECTORIZED LICENSE PLATES: A REVIEW AND ANALYSIS OF RESEARCH, TECHNICAL DATA AND DOCUMENTATION RELATED TO THEIR USE
Reflectorized license plates increase the probability that the vehicle will be detected sooner by an approaching driver. Reflectorized plates can be seen at 1,000 feet and more. Legibility of reflectorized license plates has been demonstrated to be better than legibility of unreflectorized plates in a number of studies. This plate costs but a few cents to install on each vehicle and it can result in very great savings in accident costs by reducing night rear-end collisions by even a small percentage. In reviewing the literature, nothing is found to contraindicate the use of reflectorized plates; there is considerable data making a forceful argument for their use.
Century Research Corporation4113 Lee Highway
Arlington, VA United States 22207
- Cook, K G
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 103 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Legibility; License plates; Prevention; Rear end crashes; Reflectivity; Safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data; Reflectance
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00098593
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM