EVALUATION OF BENTONITE CLAY FOR WATER PROOFING FOUNDATION WALLS BELOW GRADE
Bentonite clay panels and bentonite spray are evaluated for waterproofing the exterior surface of foundation walls below grade. The evaluation is based on a field letter survey and contacts with users, architects, and installers of bentonite panels; and users, architects, contractors, and applicators of bentonite spray. Two installations were observed to provide first-hand data. Both bentonite systems performed favorably at a cost comparable to conventional systems, but lower than most elastomeric systems. Installation is easy and fast and both systems can be backfilled immediately after application. Product information, including responses from the field, cost comparisons, and advantages and limitations for both materials, is given.
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL United States 61820
- Kanarowski, S M
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Bentonite; Consumer behavior; Costs; Data collection; Foundations; Surveys; Waterproofing materials
- Old TRIS Terms: User reactions
- Subject Areas: Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00098561
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Technical Rpt. M-93 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1975 12:00AM