TRAFFIC SPEED REPORT NO. 92
This report is the annual continuing study of speeds of vehicles on rural Indiana Highways. Observations of spot speeds were taken on interstate, four-lane, and two-lane highways throughout the state during the months of June, July, August and September 1974. Analysis of the speeds showed the overall average speed for passenger cars was 57.80 miles per hour. The overall average speed for heavy trucks was 55.14 miles per hour. This was a reduction of 7.4 miles per hour for the overall average speed for passenger cars and a reduction of 3.6 miles per hour for heavy trucks as compared to data collected at the same locations in 1973. There will not be any attempt to perform simple linear regression analysis in this year's report because the results of 1974 are significantly different from those of previous years.
- This report was prepared in cooperation with the Indiana State Highway Commission.
Purdue University/Indiana Department of Transportation JHRPPurdue University, School of Civil Engineering
West Lafayette, IN USA 47907-1284
- Gadallah, A A
- Borg, T M
- STAFFORD, G K
- Publication Date: 1974-11-13
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Rural highways; Spot speed; Studies; Traffic speed; Trucks; Two lane highways
- Identifier Terms: Interstate Highway System
- Old TRIS Terms: Field records; Overall travel speed; Speed studies; Spot speed study
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00098535
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1975 12:00AM