PREDICTION OF SHIP MOTIONS IN REGULAR AND IRREGULAR HEAD WAVES
Current techniques for the prediction of ship motions in long-crested head waves are discussed. Addition of a speed term to the theoretical pitch damping coefficient is correlated with experimental data. The relationship between absolute and relative motion along the ship length is discussed. Practical limits are established for integrating the spectral density functions for irregular-sea responses. Recommendations are made for updating computer program YF17, computing irregular wave responses with either idealized or real sea spectra such as the Station INDIA data.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD USA 20034
- Hubble, E N
- Hadler, J B
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Electromagnetic spectrum; Ship motion; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Irregular waves; Regular waves
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00098501
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-623-01 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM