CORRELATION ROAD TEST
Tests were conducted to determine the road performance and life of tires (MVSS109 Test, Programmed Faults and New) determined to have anomalies by NDT techniques, their relation to highway safety, evaluate Non Destructive Test as a tool for identifying anomalies and to supply a data base for updating of MVSS109. Limited correlation was obtained between Non Destructive Test and deficiencies found by cutting the tire. The method of Non Destructive Test was capable of predicting tire failure mode to a qualified level of reliability.
Hodges Transportation IncorporatedCarson City, NV USA
- Smith, T E
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 380 p.
- TRT Terms: Correlation analysis; Databases; Highway safety; Nondestructive tests; Road tests; Tires
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00098460
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-064-3-687
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM