LOCATION OF SEPARATION ON A CIRCULAR CYLINDER IN CROSSFLOW AS A FUNCTION OF REYNOLDS NUMBER
All available information on the location of separation on a circular cylinder in crossflow as a function of Reynolds number, from creeping flow to transcritical flow, has been summarized. The results of an experiment by the author in the transition or supercritical flow regime are included. The various theoretical and experimental results are discussed and compared. Areas needing additional theoretical and experimental work are pointed out.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterBethesda, MD United States 20034
- Coder, D W
- Publication Date: 1971-11
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Boundary layer separation; Cylindrical bodies; Transitional flow; Vortex shedding
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00032228
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSRDC-3647
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1972 12:00AM