WAVE-EXCITING FORCES AND MOMENTS ON AN OCEAN PLATFORM
The authors describe a new method of predicting the wave-exciting forces and moments acting on an ocean platform restrained in oblique seas. Procedures are based on strip theory. A two-dimensional method is extended to the calculation of wave forces and moments, and the strip method is applied to obtain three-dimensional forces and moments. Theory and experiment are generally in good agreement.
- Report on Sea Grant Program. Presented at Annual Offshore Technology Conference (2nd), Houston, Texas, 22-24 August 1970.
Stevens Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Ocean Engineering
Hoboken, NJ United States
- Kim, C H
- Chou, F
- Publication Date: 1971-7
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Force; Offshore moorings; Offshore platforms; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Floating platforms; Wave forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00032226
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SITOE716NOAA71092905
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GH-107
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1972 12:00AM