PROGRAM OF TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH IN UNIVERSITIES
The newly established Program of University Research provides means by which university faculty and students may be supported in their research efforts in the national interest. The report illustrates research underway in the various categories solicited as of February 1974. Included are: The Program of University Research: Its Objectives, Organization, and Progress to Date, Robert H. Cannon, Jr. Mobility of People and Goods in the Urban Environment - A Status Report, Louis J. Dignataro, et al, A Measurement of Highway - Induced Charges in Land Use, Population Density, and Minority Business Opportunities, Roosevelt Steptoe, Transportation to Fulfill Human Needs in the Rural/Urban Environment, W. Ronald Hudson, et al, A Comprehensive Transportation Research Program for the Common Wealth of Virginia, John W. Dickey, et al, Interregional Analysis of United States Freight Shipments, Karen R. Polenski, An Integrated Engineering-Planning Approach to the Preservation, Improvement, and Replacement of Elevated Transportation Structures, Marshall L. Silver, et al. /SAE/
- Study sponsored by Society of Automotive Engineers, also published as SAE SP-389, Feb. 27, 1974.
Office of the Secretary of TransportationUniversity Research Office, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-2-27
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Research; Transportation; Universities and colleges
- Uncontrolled Terms: Programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00098417
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-74-15 Prog. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM