IMPACT FORCES ON BERTHING FACILITIES RESULTING FROM MOVING SHIPS
An outline is presented of the development of a mathematical model describing the impact force of a ship, with any horizontal motion, on some berthing facility at calm shallow water with relatively large horizontal dimensions. In the mathematical approach the system ship-fluid is supposed to behave linearly; the berthing facility may be trajectories as calculated from the mathematical model, a series of transient model tests has been performed.
- International Harbour Congress, 6th Proceeding, Antwerp, Belgium, May 12-18, 1974.
Koninklijke Vlaamse Ingenieurs-Vereniging IngJan van Rijswijcklaan 58
Antwerp 1, Belgium
- Fontijn, H L
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Docking; Impact; Set forward force
- Old TRIS Terms: Berthing impact forces
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00098259
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Sect 2 Paper 24 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM