SURVEY OF DOCKING MANOEUVRES OF BIG SHIPS
Results of numerous measurements conducted by the Rotterdam harbor authority, to get a better knowledge of the phenomena connected with the docking of very large ships, are presented. The triangulation method was applied. There were used three double-equipped positions, thus two points of the ship, indicated by flashlights, were measured by three instruments each. The reading by the observers was synchronized by means of radiographic contact. This way of measuring is simple, flexible and very accurate as long as the shipspeed is not exceeding 4 to 5 knots.
- International Harbour Congress, 6th Proceeding, Antwerp, Belgium, May 12-18, 1974 Sect 2, Paper 45.
Koninklijke Vlaamse Ingenieurs-Vereniging IngJan van Rijswijcklaan 58
Antwerp 1, Belgium
- BROLSMA, J U
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Docking; Maneuvering; Radar; Radio navigation; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Docking radar; Docking techniques; Large tanker maneuvering
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00098257
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Sect 2 Paper 45 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM