INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DRAG REDUCTION
This report summarizes the principal papers of the Conference, covering a wide range of topics, such as: Theory of polymeric drag reduction; tests of proposed correlations and scaling theory; polymer degradation; effects of surfactants, fibers, sediments, and compliant surfaces; applications to hydrofoils, turbomachinery, flow measurement, jets; shear stress reduction in blood flow. The writer cites reasons for caution in any extrapolations with theoretically-based drag-reduction formulas, and discusses the controversy as to whether this reduction is time-scale or length-scale dependent.
Office of Naval Research London (England),
- Wood, A D
- Publication Date: 1974-12-12
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Additives; Drag; Polymers; Shear stress; Walls
- Old TRIS Terms: Drag reduction; Polymer additives; Polymer degradation; Wall shear stress
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00098231
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ONRL-C-10-74 Conf. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1975 12:00AM