CORRELATION ANALYSIS OF WIND AND ICE DRIFT DATA TAKEN AT LINCOLN BAY 1972
A set of programs were written to analyze wind and ice drift speed correlations in the data taken at Lincoln Bay in 1972. The maximum correlation for each station indicates that about 20% of the drift can be attributed to wind. The effects of time lag and Coriolis force were examined but due to the complexity of the problem no generalization on ice floe measurement could be made.
Defence Research Establishment, OttawaOttawa, ONo, Canada
- Jones, V
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Drift ice; Ice floes; Wind waves
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00098227
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DREO-TN-74-34 Tech. Note
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1975 12:00AM