A STUDY OF PLANING CATAMARAN HULL AND TUNNEL INTERACTIONS
A high speed, low displacement set of catamaran hulls has been model tested with various hull separations and tunnel heights. Symmetric, axisymmetric and unsymmetric hull forms have been tested and compared in terms of resistance to determine the interaction effects of the sponsons. A computer program for the prediction of power for prismatic planing boats has been modified to include catamarans.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborShip Hydrodynamics Laboratory
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48106
- Sherman, T J
- Fisher, P A
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Catamarans; Fluid resistance; Hulls; Hydroplanes; Twin hulled ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull separation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00098221
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 011073-1-F Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67-A0181-0050
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 2003 12:00AM