CALCULATION OF NON-LIFTING POTENTIAL FLOW ABOUT ARBITRARY THREE-DIMENSIONAL BODIES BASED ON DOUBLET DISTRIBUTIONS
Based upon a surface doublet distribution, a numerical method for computing non-lifting potential flow about an arbitrary three-dimensional body has been developed along with a corresponding computer program. This program has overcome some of the difficulty of the old program developed by Hess and Smith. For the same accuracy, the new program requires a much smaller number of quadrilaterals and thus much less input data preparation. It gives velocity potential directly instead of source density as was the case in the old program. The new program can take the same input data used in the old program or can use a subroutine to generate the input data. The results of a few sample problems are included in the report.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD United States 20034
- Pien, P C
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Bodies of revolution; Potential flow; Pressure; Three dimensional flow
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pressure distribution
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00098219
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SRD-601-01 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM