FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION OF THE TRAFFIC ANALYSIS AND DISPLAY SYSTEM OF THE SAN FRANCISCO VTS
The traffic and display system for the San Francisco experimental vessel traffic system was designed to enable operators to obtain position, speed, and identification information on vessels of interest more quickly and accurately than previously possible from manual systems. The system is described in terms of design process: the basic requirements, the equipment layout, the categorization of information, the file structure, the allocation of functions to various portions of the system, the flow of data in the system, the software structure, and the hardware organization.
Johns Hopkins University, LaurelApplied Physics Laboratory, 11100 Johns Hopkins Road
Laurel, MD USA 20723-6099
- King, R C
- Marth, P C
- Gregorski, F S
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Highway traffic control; Position fixing; Vessel traffic control; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Position finding
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00098217
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: APL/JHU/CP-033 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-03301
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM