A COMBINED SPECTRAL FINITE-DIFFERENCE METHOD FOR LINEAR AND NONLINEAR WATER WAVE PROBLEMS
Numerical solutions to transient linear and nonlinear water wave problems are obtained using a finite-difference method for the time advancement coupled with a series expansion method for the velocity potential. The expansion is in terms of functions which satisfy the Laplace equation and certain of the boundary conditons. The method described is applicable to fluids of finite or infinite depth and horizontal extent.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterBethesda, MD United States 20034
- Haussling, H J
- Van Eseltine, R T
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Finite differences; Rayleigh waves; Technology; Water waves; Wave measurement
- Old TRIS Terms: Surface wave effects
- Subject Areas: Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00098216
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSRDC-4580
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM