INVESTIGATION OF THE TURBULENT PROPERTIES OF THE WAKE BEHIND SELF-PROPELLED, AXISYMMETRIC BODIES
The turbulent wakes behind a streamlined drag body, a jet propelled body and a propeller-driven body are studied experimentally in the VPI Stability Wind Tunnel at a nominal free stream velocity of 206 ft/sec. The turbulence properties investigated are axial, radial, and tangential turbulence intensities, and radial and tangential shear stresses.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, BlacksburgDepartment of Agronomy
Blacksburg, VA United States 24061
- Chieng, C C
- Jakubowski, A K
- Schetz, J A
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 124 p.
- TRT Terms: Bodies of revolution; Flow; Stresses; Turbulence; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Axially symmetric flow; Wake induced stresses
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00098208
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VPI-Aero-025 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-72-A0736-0004, ARPA Order-1910
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1975 12:00AM