INVESTIGATION OF THE TURBULENT PROPERTIES OF THE WAKE BEHIND SELF-PROPELLED, AXISYMMETRIC BODIES
The turbulent wakes behind a streamlined drag body, a jet propelled body and a propeller-driven body are studied experimentally in the VPI Stability Wind Tunnel at a nominal free stream velocity of 206 ft/sec. The turbulence properties investigated are axial, radial, and tangential turbulence intensities, and radial and tangential shear stresses.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, BlacksburgDepartment of Agronomy
Blacksburg, VA USA 24061
- Chieng, C C
- Jakubowski, A K
- Schetz, J A
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 124 p.
- TRT Terms: Bodies of revolution; Flow; Stresses; Turbulence; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Axially symmetric flow; Wake induced stresses
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00098208
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VPI-Aero-025 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-72-A0736-0004, ARPA Order-1910
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1975 12:00AM