ARAB MARITIME TRANSPORT ACADEMY--RESEARCH AND CONSULTATION CENTRE
The main objective of the research and consultation centre is to do research work for developing different areas of the Maritime Transport sector in the Arab countries using scientific techniques. It also provides the navigation companies in this sector with suggestions and recommendations concerning different problems at their request. The Maritime sector could be easily visualized as a ship to be designed, built, maintained and repaired to a high standard, insured, economically operated to carry passengers and cargoes between port etc. Thus the centre deals with the problems of foreign trade, fleet (design, building and operating), ports and manpower. The centre started at the end of 1973 and now consists of the following four departments: 1) Statistical research; 2) Operations research; 3) Economics and model building; 4) Technical research. In adition, the centre has its own specialized library and data bank.
Arab Maritime Transport Academy,
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Management; Planning; Research; Shipping; Trade; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Management planning; Shipping economics; Trade development; Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00098163
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Arab Maritime Transport Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1975 12:00AM