COOPERATION FOR CONSERVATION OF RURAL ROAD VERGES
The report describes cooperation between county highway departments and conservation organisations on the management of rural road verges and conservation of sites of special interest. It is based on information obtained from county council highway departments, the County Naturalists' Trusts, regional officers of the Nature Concervancy Council and the Biological Records Centre, up to May 1974. The report includes an inventory of conservation sites by county. /TRRL/
Monks Wood Experimental StationAbbots Ripton, Huntington, England
- Way, J M
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 181 p.
- TRT Terms: Conservation; County government; Highway maintenance; Landscaping; Maintenance; Planning; Regional planning; Road shoulders; Rural areas; Rural highways; Vegetation
- ITRD Terms: 2916: Hard shoulder; 2887: Landscaping; 3847: Maintenance; 143: Planning; 328: Rural area; 2488: Vegetation
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure; I60: Maintenance;
- Accession Number: 00098092
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 2 Occas Rpt.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM