RESEARCH BASE FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A NATIONAL CONTAINER POLICY. APPLICATION OF EVALUATION PROGRAM TO MINI - LANDBRIDGE SCENARIO
This Phase III report is the final phase of a program undertaken by the Canadian Transport Commission to provide a research base to assist with development of a national container policy for Canada. Phase I covered development of a potential for Canadian containerization. Phase II report consisted of three volumes on potential, a computer evaluation program and container usage in overseas transport. Phase III has applied the computer-based evaluation to the possibility of increasing mini-landbridge service, primarily in connection with overseas container trade. The results show that while overall systems dollar costs increase with overland routings, the same routings create the benefits of increasing employment in Canadian transport and reduce overall system transit time.
Wooster (Swan) Engineering Company, Limited1525 Robson Street
Vancouver, BC Canada
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 117 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Container on flat car; Containerization; Intermodal services; International trade; Land bridge; Minibridge; Policy; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: Canada; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Container on flat car services; Government policies; National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00098086
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Project 2285
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM