PHASE 10 REPORT ON DEVELOPMENT OF SHELF COUPLERS
The Type E top and bottom shelf coupler development program has been completed to the state where approval of applications of these couplers to tank cars is to be sought from the AAR and DOT. Service tests of 100 Carsets are being arranged, retrofitting 112A or 114A cars having Type F couplers. The early study is appended as information. Shelves in the final design, as now approved, are somewhat different from that considered in the preliminary stages of this phase of the project.
- This is an RPI-AAR Cooperative Program.
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Publication Date: 1974-9-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Derailments; Design; Safety; Tank cars
- Old TRIS Terms: Tank car safety research and test project
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00098077
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-166
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1976 12:00AM