THE AERODYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF SINGLE AND MULTIPLE VEHICLES ENTERING AND TRAVELING IN OPEN TUNNELS
The analyses required to calculate the aerodynamic effects of tunnel entry, tunnel venting and multiple vehicle motions in open ended tunnels are presented. Results for several cases of open ended tunnel travel and various entry configurations are presented and described. The effects of an earlier vehicle's motion on the pressure peak associated with a second vehicle entering a tunnel are presented and discussed.
- Record URL:
Mitre Corporation1820 Dolley Madison Boulevard
McLean, VA United States 22102
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Strom, C R
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Air resistance; Drag; Environmental quality; Railroad trains; Resistance (Mechanics); Structural design; Train track dynamics; Tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tunnel design
- Old TRIS Terms: Train resistance; Tunnel environment
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Environment; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00098076
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD&D-75-16 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-54090
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM