EIGHTH REPORT ON THE RAILROAD TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
This annual report by the Secretary of Transportation serves as an information source for those having a technological interest in FRA's research, development and demonstration activities. It covers not only programs funded by the High Speed Ground Transportation Act of 1965, but also related work performed under appropriations for advancing railroad technology and safety. Sections deal with improved freight service, safety, improved track structures, automated test inspection and test support services, passenger service, supporting technology and facilities, Railroad Research Information Service, advanced technology and High Speed Ground Test Center. The year covered is through September 30, 1974.
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Freight service; Inspection; Intelligent transportation systems; Passenger service; Railroad tracks; Research; Safety; Technology
- Identifier Terms: Transportation Technology Center
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; High speed ground transportation act of 1965; Railroad research information service; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00098074
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 13 1976 12:00AM