FRA TRACK GEOMETRY MEASUREMENT SYSTEM VALIDATION REPORT
This report covers an extensive testing program which was conducted to validate the track geometry measurement system installed aboard the Department of Transportation Rail Test Cars. The tests were conducted to establish the accuracy and repeatability of measurements made with the high-speed electronic measurement system installed aboard the DOT Test Cars. The validation procedure involved both laboratory and field tests of the electronic measurement system. Comparisons were made between manual and high-speed electronic measurements of rail gage, crosslevel, profile and alignment. Results of these comparisons under various dynamic conditions, speeds, types of rail and rail loads are included in this report. The information contained in this report includes considerable detail which is intended for use by engineering and research personnel who are involved in the design, development, and validation of rail measuring devices.
- This program sponsored by the Federal Railroad Administration, Office of Research and Development, US DOT.
ENSCO, Incorporated5400 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA United States 22151
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Yang, T L
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 156 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Cross sections; Electronics; Inspection; Measuring instruments; Railroad tracks; Structural design; Test vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Profiles; Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Cross level; Gauge inspection; Test cars
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00098073
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD&D-75-05 Engr. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-20032
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 13 1976 12:00AM