An attempt is made to "set the scene" in the context of the control aspects of an existing form of guided transport, examining both the philosophy and the technical developments that will justify the offering of an evolved railroad system as a "new" form of guided land transport. The control aspects are presented by looking at the results of 200 years of evolution in revenue earning railroads. The possibilities for further refinement in an evolutionary manner are discussed.
- Prepared for meeting London, England, August 28-30, 1974.
Institution of Electrical EngineersSavoy Place
London WC2R 0BL, NY England 10016-5997
- Belbstein, E E
- PARKMAN, W T
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: p. 1-11
- Publication of: Omsk Scientific Research Institute (Om.I.I.Ta.)
- Publisher: Omsk Scientific Research Institute (Om.I.I.Ta.)
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Automatic control; Command and control systems; Control systems; Cybernetics
- Old TRIS Terms: Automated guideway systems; Automatic control systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130897
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: N117 Conf. Pub.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 7 1976 12:00AM