MAGNETIC SUSPENSION OF TRANSPORT VEHICLES
A mathematical model of a magnetically suspended vehicle using electromagnets is established. Since such a system is unstable in open-loop mode, the authors suggest a method by which the values of the parameters of the control system that has to be introduced for the stabilization of the vehicle can be calculated. An experimental model of a vehicle was built. It consists of an experimental platform levitated by permanent magnets in opposition; it is laterally unstable and hence guided by means of two electromagnets.
- Prepared for a meeting London, England, August 28-30, 1974.
Institution of Electrical EngineersSavoy Place
London WC2R 0BL, NY England 10016-5997
- Lhenry, M
- Gilles, G
- Ivanes, M
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 226-232
- Publication of: Omsk Scientific Research Institute (Om.I.I.Ta.)
- Publisher: Omsk Scientific Research Institute (Om.I.I.Ta.)
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Magnetic levitation; Mathematical models; Test vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130885
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: N117 Conf. Pub.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 7 1976 12:00AM