FIRE HAZARD CLASSIFICATION OF CHEMICAL VAPORS RELATIVE TO EXPLOSION-PROOF ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT--REPORT II
At the request of the U.S. Coast Guard, a detailed study has been made by the Electrical Hazards Panel of the Committee on Hazardous Materials to determine the feasibility of classifying some 200 chemicals of commerce according to the classifications given in the National Electric Code, NEC 500, by using a scheme based entirely on available physical and flammability properties only. This is the second progress report submitted by the Committee to the U.S. Coast Guard.
Committee on Hazardous Materials2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Publication Date: 1971-10-7
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Classification; Electrical equipment; Fires; Flammable liquids; Hazardous materials; Hazards; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fire hazards
- Old TRIS Terms: Electrical equipment hazard; Fire hazard classification; Flammable liquids transportation
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00032182
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Committee on Hazardous Materials
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM