BENEFITS OF STAGE CONSTRUCTION: AN EVALUATION OF THE OPTIONS FOR A NEW ARTERIAL LINK
This paper summarizes a study which has evaluated the relative costs and benefits of stage constructing a proposed 4-lane 3 km arterial in south-east Auckland - further details are available (Ingavat, 1990). The intial network analysis study which evaluated its economic viability for Transit New Zealand funding was undertaken on the basis of single stage construction. This link, known locally as SEART (South Eastern Arterial) will cross two major north-south links, namely Mt. Wellington Highway (another 4-lane arterial) and the 6-lane Southern Motorway. This paper describes the methodological approach of determining the stage construction options, the background database to model the travel demands for the design year and the operational and economic evaluation procedures used. The approach is general.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- DUNN, RCM
- INGAVAT, N
- 1992 Compendium of Technical Papers. Institute of Transportation Engineers Annual Meeting
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1992-8-9 to 1992-8-12
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Construction management; Costs; Four lane highways; Highway planning; Highways; Road construction
- Uncontrolled Terms: Stage construction
- Geographic Terms: Auckland (New Zealand); New Zealand
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Highways; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings;
- Accession Number: 00629461
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: May 29 1993 12:00AM