A NEW SIMULATION SYSTEM FOR TRAFFIC SIGNAL CONTROL EVALUATION
This paper summarizes the principles and experiences gained so far in building and testing a new kind of simulator at the Helsinki University of Technology. In this simulator a real traffic signal controller is utilized as a part of the simulation system. The first trials on this principle started in 1985 and a third version simulator is under construction. The present simulator software is implemented using object-oriented programming and the Turbo-Pascal version 6.0. The name (HUTSIM) of the simulator comes from the name of the university. The simulation of a signal controlled intersection can be divided into three main components. These are the signal control, the intersection geometry and the traffic.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Kosonen, I
- Kokkinen, M
- 1992 Compendium of Technical Papers. Institute of Transportation Engineers Annual Meeting
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1992-8-9 to 1992-8-12
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Information processing; Intersections; Simulation; Traffic signal controllers; Traffic simulation
- Geographic Terms: Helsinki (Finland)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00629408
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: May 20 1993 12:00AM