WICHITA - TEN YEARS OF CHANGE
The author looks back at the changes and trends toward privatization that the Traffic Engineering Division in Wichita, Kansas has experienced. The function of the Traffic Commission has changed from reviewing almost all traffic matters to only selected items with the Traffic Engineer having final authority in more areas. This has reduced the amount of time spent with the lay body and has improved the decision-making process within Traffic Engineering. Neighborhood involvement has increased, and politics now plays a large part in the choice of solutions to traffic problems.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- McKinley, W G
- 1992 Compendium of Technical Papers. Institute of Transportation Engineers Annual Meeting
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1992-8-9 to 1992-8-12
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Highway planning; Privatization; Public participation; Traffic; Traffic engineering
- Geographic Terms: Kansas
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic planning
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00629385
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 17 1993 12:00AM