MAKING SENSE OF ADVANCED TRAVELER INFORMATION SYSTEMS BY UNDERSTANDING TRAVELERS
This paper has three parts. The first part examines the informational approach to dealing with traffic congestion, placing this approach in the context of other approaches to transportation problems. The second part looks at the complexities of ATIS design and technology. The third part looks at traveler behavior as a way to deal with these complexities.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Haselkorn, M P
- 1992 Compendium of Technical Papers. Institute of Transportation Engineers Annual Meeting
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1992-8-9 to 1992-8-12
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Driver information systems; Intelligent transportation systems; Technological innovations; Traffic congestion; Travel behavior
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00629372
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: May 11 1993 12:00AM