DESIGNING A BOULEVARD - CROSSING FOR PEDESTRIANS
This paper describes in detail a step-by-step approach to evaluating pedestrian crossing conditions for a signalized intersection with a boulevard-type design. The approach described uses the time-space concept set up in a spreadsheet format and is intended to assist the engineer in developing a better design by providing a quick and easy format to test alternatives during the design study phase.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Harknett, T R
- 1992 Compendium of Technical Papers. Institute of Transportation Engineers Annual Meeting
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1992-8-9 to 1992-8-12
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Crosswalks; Highway design; Intersections; Pedestrians; Spreadsheets; Streets
- Uncontrolled Terms: Street design
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00629367
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: May 10 1993 12:00AM