ISTEA FUNDING FOR TRAFFIC OPERATIONS
This paper discusses the various sources of funding available for highway and technology improvements to manage the problem of traffic congestion. There is money from three different finding sources available: National Highway System (NHS) funds, Surface Transportation Program (STP) funds, and Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program (CMAQ) funds. Each of the funds have different criteria that regulate their usage.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Strickland, S G
- Glitz, D
- Transportation in the ISTEA Era. Issue Papers for the ITE 1993 International Conference
- Location: Orlando, Florida
- Date: 1993-3-14 to 1993-3-17
- Publication Date: 1993
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Finance; Financing; Government funding; Highway operations; Traffic; Traffic congestion
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I10: Economics and Administration; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00629347
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 4 1993 12:00AM